Thursday, February 6, 2014

Ready or not..


So this girl right here, is training for a half marathon. Believe it or not, as soon as my 12 pack of Mtn. Dew is gone, I'm going to even try to be done with carbonation to help me out with this task. I'm also hoping that by writing a blog about it, it will help me stick to it more.. We'll see how it goes.
This right here, ladies and gents, is my training schedule. I started out today! Hooray!

Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
Week 1 off 3 miles 3 miles 3 miles off 3 miles 4 miles
Week 2 off 3 miles 4 miles 3 miles off 3 miles 4 miles
Week 3 off 3 miles 4 miles 3 miles off 3 miles 5 miles
Week 4 off 3 miles 5 miles 3 miles off 4 miles 6 miles
Week 5 off 4 miles 5 miles 4 miles off 3 miles 7 miles
Week 6 off 4 miles 4 miles 4 miles off 4 miles 8 miles
Week 7 off 4 miles 6 miles 4 miles off 4 miles 9 miles
Week 8 off 4 miles 6 miles 4 miles off 4 miles 10 miles
Week 9 off 4 miles 6 miles 4 miles off 3 miles 11 miles
Week 10 off 4 miles 5 miles 4 miles off 4 miles 12 miles
Week 11 off 4 miles 5 miles 4 miles off 3 miles 6 miles
Week 12 off 3 miles 5 miles 3 miles off 2 miles 13.1 miles!

In my institute class today, we had a lesson on balancing the mental, physical, spiritual and social needs in our life. Now this wasn't the only reason that I decided on this, but it definitely got me started. I had been planning for quite a while to train for one, but I kept letting stupid excuses deter me. "I'm sick.." or "It's too cold outside to go to the Fieldhouse". And finally today I just decided it's now or never. I have a goal to work out in some way at least every day, and be running five days a week. Not only am I excited for the end result, but I'm excited to get fit again. This winter has really just had me feeling "bleh". I'm completely aware that's not a real emotion, but I feel like if you're reading this you get me, I'm more than ready for it to be warm again. I notice that when I'm consistently working out, I am in general a happier person. So here it goes! Wish me luck! I'm gonna need it.
Until next time. Thanks for readin.

2 comments: