Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A broken down car and a week full of exams


Sounds fun, doesn't it? What a week it has been.
It was a crazy busy week to begin with, having two exams on Thursday, and work on Wednesday. That left me with Monday and Tuesday to cram in some studying, one of them being for a midterm. In short, I felt like I had to learn half a semester's concepts in two days. To top it all off, my car ended up breaking down on Tuesday. I had problems with it a couple days earlier, but my dad and my sweet boyfriend thought they had it figured out. Turns out Tuesday afternoon as I'm driving it to the repair shop because my battery light was still on, it dies on me, but at an intersection. Perfect, right? I was pretty terrified, and basically just grumpy in general.
All I could think about was how stressed I was because I needed to be spending this time studying, and I didn't have the time OR money to deal with this right now. But I was so lucky to have Justin come help push my car out of the intersection and some other random guy who saw we needed help. Later there was an older man who saw we were in trouble as well and he ran to AAMCO (where we were originally headed) and talked to the workers there. He explained that we were literally two blocks away, and they said that they would come tow my car for free to their place. What. a. blessing. Like I hate to keep mentioning this, but I really am such a poor college student, and just the thought of paying for a tow truck to move my car, AND a repair almost sent me into an anxiety attack.
So this terrible experience ended up making me SO grateful for the Lord's tender mercies for us. I am so thankful for random strangers that are so generous with their time and effort to help others out, I am constantly astounded at how good people are. (:
So I still am cramming in studying, but I know things will work out.
Forever grateful for my family, boyfriend, the gospel, and for how much happiness all of this brings me.
Thanks for readin. Hope you have a wonderful day!

1 comment: