Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Difficult Roads Often Lead to Beautiful Destinations

I want to start this blog post out by saying how BLESSED I am for the many wonderful friends and family that I have. As many of you know, I have been through my own personal hell these past few months, and I don't know how I would have gotten through what I have already without all of you. Every little thing means the world to me, even if it doesn't seem like much. A quick text from a friend or family member asking how I've been doing. Once a friend sent me a clip of a talk that they loved and that made them think of me. Once I got home from Institute to find a friend had dropped a little package off for me that had candy in it, and the sweetest wall hanging that had a quote saying, "Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations". These are just a few examples of how blessed I am and have been to have had all of you in my life. The littlest things really do keep me going, and help me to have more of a positive outlook and attitude in my circumstances, and for that I will honestly be forever grateful.

God is good, you guys. I have been blessed with many tender mercies lately as well. Little things that have happened like I mentioned earlier, that help build my testimony that God really does understand and my Savior knows how I feel.
"Fear not. Forget not whose hands you're in. You are not left alone or forgotten. You are not being punished. You are being led. You are being guided and directed. You are protected. You will make it. And it will be greater than you can even imagine." -Al Fox Carraway
And I have definitely felt that. What better hands to be in, than our Heavenly Father's? I truly believe that in the most difficult of times, my tears have been matched with my Savior's as he has had to watch me struggle through what I have. I do have a testimony, that this is building me to be a better, stronger version of myself. I've already felt the beginnings of me wanting to help others through this difficult life.

There is a talk that I has helped me through so much lately. It's titled, Worthy of Our Promised Blessings by Linda S. Reeves. My favorite part goes like this..

"Sisters, I do not know why we have the many trials that we have, but it is my personal feeling that the reward is so great, so eternal and everlasting, so joyful and beyond our understanding that in that day of reward, we may feel to say to our merciful, loving Father, "Was that all that was required?" I believe that if we could daily remember and recognize the depth of that love our Heavenly Father and our Savior have for us, we would be willing to do anything to be back in Their presence again, surrounded by Their love eternally. What will it matter, dear sisters, what we suffered here if, in the end, those trials are the very things which qualify us for eternal life and exaltation in the kingdom of God with our Father and Savior?"

Not every day is a good day. Not every day is a bad day. Some days I feel so weak, and so depressed that it's difficult to get out of bed. And some days I recognize my many blessings and feel God's hand in my life. I wanted to thank all of you, for being a part of my life in the way that you are. It's the times when I receive a text from a friend when I'm feeling sad, that I know without a doubt that they were prompted by a loving Heavenly Father that doesn't want me to give up, and to keep the faith. And I also know that we are all blessed with that same loving Heavenly Father who doesn't want any of us to give up. I can't imagine the many people rooting for us beyond the veil when we may feel very alone at times, and ready to throw in the towel on difficult trials. I'm so grateful for my loving Heavenly Father, Savior, family, and friends.

I know that there is help waiting, He is eagerly waiting to send us strength, peace, and power, if we only ask with a humble and willing heart. How blessed are we.


"Fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.."

3 comments:

  1. Wow...Just wow. If I ever doubt you...just kick me in the butt. Stay close, Cait...that is where true happiness is

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...Just wow. If I ever doubt you...just kick me in the butt. Stay close, Cait...that is where true happiness is

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't understand why we have to go through certain things until we can look back on them and see what we have become. Hang in there, as you said you are not alone! Love you and pray for you! I am grateful for your testimony as it builds mine, you are a great teacher.

    ReplyDelete