A friend and I were talking a while ago about growing up and going to college. I don't know if it's just her and I, but as soon as we moved out and "grew up" in a sense, life just dumped on us. Trials, problems, and heartbreak.
Do you ever just have those times in your life where NOTHING is going right? My life has seemed a lot like that lately. Where every turn and corner there are let downs and disappointment, and I seriously just can't seem to catch a break. I experienced quite the tender mercy however, I stumbled upon an article talking about how the Lord WILL give you trials you can't handle, because He wants you to turn to Him. And that is certainly what I have learned to do, with the Savior as the focus in our lives we can truly be healed and find joy.
Instead of venting about how life can be so hard sometimes though, I have really realized some important things through these trials, one of those being how important people are in your life. For example, a random girl whom I didn't know very well at all from my ward noticed I didn't look very happy; she then preceded to give me a hug (no doubt prompted by the spirit in my opinion) and asked if I was alright. I'm sure she had no idea how much that meant to me, but it had a huge impact on my day.
Another thing that has always been a constant in my life is my family. I could not be more grateful for such a support system. I don't think I thank them enough, but they mean so much to me. Just another little thing, my mom found out that I had just barely gotten sick, and before I knew it she came up to Logan with my Dad with a bunch of cough drops, dayquil and nyquil, AND a 12 pack of Mtn. Dew. The best remedies to a cold, right there folks.
I really am so blessed, and so it helps when I have rough days, weeks or whatever, to notice the blessings in my life. I have so much, and I would be ungrateful if I didn't list a couple of them.
Have a wonderful rest of the week! And if life has got ya down, take a second to count your blessings.
It really does help. (:
I had a blog my freshman year that I don't even think I could find anymore, but I swear we had like the exact same posts. Haha I just think you are great & I love how you came into my life! I'm really glad I have friends like you, & I need to see you more often!
ReplyDeleteOh Anndee! I completely agree I need to see you more often as well! You're just too cute and so much fun to be around(: thanks for being such a great friend as well!
ReplyDelete